Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Product regimen n° 3: BB shampoo & BB Hair cream


Time to start this line of product that i bought on sale in a shop here, time ago. BB shampoo & BB hair cream for dry and damaged hair with argan oil. The line only have these two items : shampoo and conditioning cream.

Let's take a look at the ingredients


  • Shampoo: Aqua, Sodium coceth sulfate (milder foaming agent), magnesium lauryl sulfate (cleanser), peg/ppg-14/4 dimethicone (cleanser that works by helping water mix with dirt and oil so they can be rinsed away  ), cocamidopropyl betaine (gentle cleanser, reduces the irritation from a harsher cleanser that may also be in the shampoo), polyquaternium-39 (antistatic, film forming), guar hydroxypropyltrimonium ( conditioning), argania spinosa kernel oil , hydroxyisohexyl-3-cyclohexene carboxaldehyde (fragance), helianthus annuus seed oil (sunflower oil), sodium chloride (thickener,stabilizer, cheap ph adjuster), citric acid (ph adjuster,preservative,astringent), imidazolidinyl urea (preservative: releases formaldehyde ), methylchloroisothiazolinone et methylisothiazolinone (preservative), parfum, benzyl benzoate(for more flexibility), capsanthin/capsorubin (for color)

  • Cream : Aqua, cetearyl alcohol (emollient,conditioner), myristyl alcohol (lubricant, emollient: gives the hair a soft, velvety feel), cetrimonium chloride (antistatic, emulsifier, for detangling and smoothing hair), behentrimonium chloride (antistatic, emulsifier, for detangling) argania spinosa kernel oil, amodimethicone ( silicone ), benzyl benzoate, citric acid, trideceth-10 ( keeps product from seperating), isopropyl alcohol (solvent, drying alcohol ), imidazolidinyl urea, methylchloroisothiazolinone et methylisothiazolinone, parfum, hydroxyisohexyl-3-cyclohezene carboxaldehyde, ci 19140,ci 16255, ci 61570 (color)
To me the shampoo most be a mild one and won't be too harsh on my hair. We'll see how my hair reacts. The cream on the other hand is very incomplete. In fact it doesn't have any humectant in it: ingredient that i think is essential when it comes to our hair moisture. Plus i doesn't have penetrating ingredient (moisturizing. strengthening, nourishing,...) and one oil only. The amodimethicone in the cream is known to be one of the lightest silicone that tends not to build up on the hair with repeated use. Anyway the cream is not a complete conditioner for me and not even a deep conditioner.

How i will be using them

  • Prepoo : i'll be prepooing every single time before i shampoo. I will use some sort of oils and mostly my enrichied coconut oil by Vatika Naturals . 
  • After shampoo, i'll be deep conditioning, with a mask based on the cream where i'll always add a humectant (vegetable glycerin, honey ), penetrating oils (olive, avocado) and/or and other oil (castor, jojoba, sweet almond, grapeseed)  other penetrating ingredient based on my hair needs ( silk amino acid, hydrolyzed rice protein, panthenol, inulin ) and sometime some essential oils. I'll let it sit under my Hair Therapy Wrap for 20 minutes then rinse thoroughly.
  • As a leave in conditioner, i'll be using my Diy moisturizing spray and then seal my moisture with my shea butter mix or my oil mix.
I'll try my best to repeat the process every week. If my hair feels particulary dry during the week then i'll spray it and seal with an oil mix.

NB - I finger detangle right after the prepoo and before the shampoo
      - I'll basically wear my hair in 2 strands twists or african threading
      - Maybe sometime during the week i'll be cowashing my hair and in this case i'll probably use the conditioner from another line.

When i finish the product, i'll give a full review :):):))))))))))))) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...